Friday, May 29, 2009

The Year of the Injury

I had barely gotten over my fractured Christmas rib. MOCKBABOY is suddenly into spray bottles. Yesterday, unbeknownst to me, he had experimented with furniture polish and our wood floors. The result? Well, you can imagine. They are beautiful. Dangerous, but beautiful.
8:30 p.m. MOCKBABOY and I are checking out various trains on the computer. The phone rings. I run to find the phone. Time stops. Best I can figure, I tapped into that Einstein relativity deal. My feet, in black nylon socks from work, hit the Pledge on the hardwood. As they came up over my head, they exceeded the speed of light. I fell so fast I actually got slightly younger.
When I came to my senses, I could only groan. The phone was still ringing, mocking my excruciating pain. I was pretty sure I'd broken my right elbow. I was absolutely sure I was a dumb-ass.
Feeling better today, just embarrassed. I hope this isn't what's coming in the future. I can do with a single year of injuries from time to time, but not too often. I don't heal like I used to, you know?

No comments: